Norfolk’s Liberal Democrat Councillors have confirmed they oppose the closure of Burman House.
Councillor Brian Watkins, Lib Dem spokesperson for the Adult Social Care Committee said ” It is a good home and well run and the residents are settled and happy there” Brian also asked “why are they even thinking of such an option?”
Both the Labour and Lib Democrat Councillors oppose the home closure. If you haven’t responded yet take 5 mins to give your view….
What you can do?
- Respond to the public consultation before 20 November
- Sign UNISON’s online petition
- Write to Bill Borret, the Chair of the Adult Social Care Committee at Norfolk County Council calling on him to oppose this closure and not cut the Norsecare budget. See UNISON’s letter Proposed closure of Burman House
- Write to your local County Councillor, find out who it is via Norfolk County Council’s website
- Write to your local MP, again find out who it is via the House Of Commons website
- Copy any responses to UNISON, County Hall, Martineau Lane, Norwich, NR1 2DH or email us on email@example.com